General US Grant Guidelines
All eligible, U.S.-based non-profit organizations located in Metro Des Moines or for North America, must submit a request for a Pioneer Hi-Bred grant by completing a grant application and sending it to Community Investment. Please note that at this time, applications are no longer being accepted for 2011. A new process (with new form) will likely be available in February 2012. Requests are reviewed in the order they are received. Please allow up to three (3) months from the date the grant form is received for processing. Applicants will be notified in writing of grant review results.
The following items must be included with the Grant Application:
- Certification of Federal IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status (exceptions include cities, schools or organizations that have previously received a Pioneer grant)
- Pioneer representative endorsement(s)
Pioneer does not provide grant support to:
- Organizations without a Federal 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status;
- Organizations that discriminate against individuals based on race, gender, sexual orientation, geographic background, marital status; culture, age, veteran status; disability, economic status or religious beliefs;
- Political organizations or elected officials;
- Churches or religious groups/organizations;
- Company marketing or advertising programs; or
- Individual athletic events or teams.
Primary Focal Areas:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Science Education
- Community Betterment
Projects outside the primary focus areas, which include Pioneer employee, retiree, or sales representative support, may be eligible. Exceptions are determined on a case-by-case basis.
All inquiries can be directed to (800) 247-6803, ext. 56867