Pioneer Argentina Hosts 350 Agronomists at Open House
Pioneer Hi-Bred Argentina recently hosted a technical open house for more than 350 private agronomist advisors to learn more about the work being done at the Research Center in Pergamino City. After a welcome from Alejandro Bibiloni, Pioneer Argentina Country Manager, the visitors attended nine different technical stations where Pioneer staff presented studies of corn management practices and some research innovations, including:
- Roots architecture and development according to hybrid and soil
- Improved genetics to deal with stalk diseases like anthracnose
- Different corn silage hybrids and their qualities
- Stress in corn and defoliation effect
- Best practices to foliar diseases management- Common rust
- Planting rates according to environment and hybrids
- Seed distribution in the row and the benefits of planting correctly
- New available seed treatment technologies
- Benefits of Herculex® Insect Protection technology for Spodoptera control.
To help give different perspectives on the topics, the speakers were from different areas of the company: research scientists, members of the agronomy team and sales managers.
"We had a great turnout and the participants were really engaged in the presentations," said Bibiloni. "The day was considered a success, and helped illustrate our commitment to conducting local research to help maximize yield for our customers."
Herculex® Insect Protection technology by Dow AgroSciences and Pioneer Hi-Bred. ® Herculex and the HX logo are registered trademarks of Dow AgroSciences LLC.