Sun Flower Crop
PIONEER HYBRID SUNFLOWER
Sunflower is the third most important oilseeds crop in India after Groundnut and Mustard. It can be in any part of the year with less water & inputs and in all types of soils. Sunflower is the most suitable crop to fill the gap in oil seed production in India.
Sunflower is grown for oil. Sunflower oil is mostly consumed in urban areas because many people consider it as healthy edible oil. It commands premium price compared to other edible oils.
Pioneer in India is committed to offer sunflower hybrids that add value to farmers in India by offering 3 hybrids viz 64S99, 65A41 & 64A57 to suit for different agro-climatic zones.
PIONEER SUNFLOWER HYBRID 64S99
- Pioneer 64S99 has highest volume weight and matures within 95-100 days (110-115 days in Punjab & Haryana)
- Pioneer 64S99 is a widely adaptable hybrid suitable to all Sunflower growing areas for both rainfed & irrigated cultivation.
- Pioneer 64S99 is tolerant to bud necrosis virus
PIONEER SUNFLOWER HYBRID 65A41
- Pioneer 65A41 matures within 110-115 days and suitable to Andhra Pradesh & Bihar
- Pioneer 65A41 is a long maturity hybrid
- Pioneer 65A41's deep root system allows the crop to flourish even on low residual soil moisture
- Pioneer 65A41 responds highly to increased inputs
PIONEER SUNFLOWER HYBRID 64A57
- Pioneer 64A57 matures within 100-105 days in Punjab & Haryana
- Pioneer 64A57 is most suited for North & Central India
- Pioneer 64A57 is highly suitable to medium maturity irrigated areas
- Pioneer 64A57 is high yielder with good oil content
SPECIAL TIPS FOR SUNFLOWER CULTIVATION
- For maximum yield it is advisable to maintain 22,222plants/acre, for which furrows should be opened at 2ft spacing and seed should be sown at 1ft from each other
- It is advisable to keep the crop free of weeds at least during the first 45days for increased yield.
- 50Kg DAP, 25Kg MoP should be applied as basal dose. Top dressing of 25Kg Urea, 30days after sowing, is most ideal for crop growth.
- Soil should have adequate moisture at bud initiation, flower opening & seed filling stage. Irrigation should be given if the soils are dry at these critical stages.
- Use of Boric acid as 0.2%spray at floret opening stage improves seed set.
- If SSP is not applied, application of Sulphur at 12-18Kg/acre is beneficial for increased oil content.