The DuPont Plant Sciences Symposia series: Reaching the next generation of plant scientists since 2008
At DuPont Pioneer, we believe the next generation will play a pivotal role in meeting food and energy needs. Working with students to facilitate a science-based forum such as the DuPont Plant Science Symposia series enhances discussion amongst the academic community and private industry; builds key organizational and management skills in future plant scientists; and exposes students to career opportunities in agriculture.
What is the DuPont Plant Sciences Symposia series?
- The DuPont Plant Sciences Symposia Series is an opportunity for the next generation of scientists to interact with both public and private experts through student-driven and organized events at different academic institutions worldwide.
- The day-long events may include presentations by leading plant scientists, student presentations, poster sessions, roundtable discussions and networking opportunities.
- Symposia events are free and accessible to the general public, and often offered via webinar.
- Students share their direct experiences in the following news releases:
- CSA News: Empowering Graduate Students in the Plant Sciences through Student-Driven Symposia
- ASPB News: Disseminating quality science and agricultural scientific literacy through student organized plant science symposia
- North West University, South Africa: DuPont Pioneer Host Plant Science Symposium (PDF 173 KB)
- More than 90 events in 40 universities on 5 continents have been held, reaching more than 15,000 participants, since 2008.
- Students gain important organizational, teamwork and resource-management skills while sharing their experiences and deepening their understanding of the plant sciences.
How does it work?
- Graduate students direct the content and organize the symposia on a fixed budget with support from the university faculty and departments.
- DuPont Pioneer provides funding.
Contact Tabare Abadie, Senior Research Manager at DuPont Pioneer for more information or to explore opportunities at your university.
2017 DuPont Plant Sciences Symposia
To view the schedule of events, including register (via webinar or attending in-person), click on the links below:
|University of Missouri, February 2||University of Saskatchewan, March 31-April 1|
|Texas A&M University, February 16||*Kansas State University, April 7|
|University of Minnesota Production Agriculture Symposium, February 22||University of Florida, April 13|
|Iowa State University, March 3||Huazhong Agricultural University (China), April 17|
|Cornell University, March 10||University of California - Davis, April 21|
|University of Nebraska - Lincoln, March 14||University of Georgia, May 9|
|Washington State University, March 17||University of California - Berkeley, June 2|
|University of Minnesota, March 23-24|