Evaluation of DuPont™ Kocide® 3000 Fungicide/Bactericide on Alfalfa
- Determine value of DuPont™ Kocide® 3000 fungicide/bactericide applications on mature alfalfa using field-scale trials.
- Assess effect of Kocide 3000 application on yield, crude protein, digestibility and relative feed quality.
||The field was split into treated and untreated blocks. Multiple windrows were used as treatment subsamples.
- Kocide 3000 fungicide/bactericide (0.75 lb/acre)
- The treated block was sprayed 14 days after 1st and 2nd cuttings.
- Data was collected on 2nd and 3rd cutting harvests.
- A slight improvement in alfalfa yield was observed with the Kocide 3000 treatment in both cuttings.
- Neutral detergent fiber (NDF%) was reduced with Kocide 3000 treatment in both cuttings.
- With the reduction in NDF, relative feed quality (RFQ) improved.
- No consistent effect of treatment on crude protein was observed (data not shown).
- This study will be repeated in 2013.
Thanks to Dann Bolinger, DuPont Pioneer Northeast BU Dairy Specialist and DuPont Crop Protection for assistance with this study.
2012 data are based on average of all comparisons made in one location through August 30, 2012. Multi-year and multi-location is a better predictor of future performance. Do not use these or any other data from a limited number of trials as a significant factor in product selection. Product responses are variable and subject to a variety of environmental, disease, and pest pressures. Individual results may vary. All products are trademarks of their manufacturers.