Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment Offering for Soft Red Winter Wheat
Introduction and Objectives
- Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment (PPST) offering for wheat includes Dividend Extreme® fungicide seed treatment (mefenoxam and difenconazole) and Vibrance® fungicide seed treatment (sedaxane), plus Gaucho® insecticide seed treatment (imidacloprid).
- Dividend Extreme and Vibrance fungicide seed treatments (FST) for wheat provides protection against numerous seed borne, soil borne, and foliar diseases, including Pythium, Rhizoctonia and dwarf bunt. The addition of sedaxane FST provides enhanced activity against Rhizoctonia and Fusarium.
- Gaucho insecticide seed treatment (IST) provides early-season protection of seedlings against injury from Hessian fly and wireworm.
- Research trials were conducted over five years from 2012 through 2016 to evaluate performance of Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment offerings in soft red winter wheat.
- Years: 2012-2016
- Locations: 37 DuPont Pioneer research locations.
2. Dividend Extreme and Vibrance fungicide seed treatments (2.8 fl oz/cwt) + Gaucho insecticide seed treatment (0.8 fl oz/cwt)
- Plots: 18 ft long; 6- to 7-inch row spacing
- Varieties: 2 adapted varieties per location
- Replications: 6 replications per treatment per location
Comparison of untreated wheat to wheat treated with Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment at Salem, IL, May 2016.
Figure 1. Average yield of soft red winter wheat with and without PPST in 37 DuPont Pioneer research studies, 2012-2016.
- Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment offering provided a significant 2.3 bu/acre yield advantage (positive yield response in 26/37 locations, 70% wins) over the untreated, across 37 research locations in 2012-2016.
Author: Keith O’Bryan
Pioneer® brand products are provided subject to the terms and conditions of purchase which are part of the labeling and purchase documents. The foregoing is provided for informational use only. Please contact your Pioneer sales professional for information and suggestions specific to your operation. 2012-2016 data are based on average of all comparisons made in 37 locations through Sept 19, 2016. Multi-year and multi-location is a better predictor of future performance. Do not use these or any other data from a limited number of trials as a significant factor in product selection. Product responses are variable and subject to a variety of environmental, disease, and pest pressures. Individual results may vary. Dividend Extreme® and Vibrance® are registered trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company. Gaucho® is a registered trademark of Bayer.