Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment Offering for Pioneer® brand Soft Red Winter Wheat
- Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment (PPST) offering for Pioneer® brand wheat products includes Dividend Extreme® (mefenoxam and difenconazole) and Vibrance® (sedaxane) fungicide seed treatments (FST) plus Cruiser 5FS® (thiamethoxam) insecticide seed treatment (IST).
- Dividend Extreme/Vibrance FST for wheat provides protection against numerous seed borne, soil borne, and foliar diseases, including Pythium, Rhizoctonia, and dwarf bunt. The addition of sedaxane FST provides enhanced activity against Rhizoctonia and Fusarium.
- Cruiser 5FS IST provides early-season protection of seedlings against injury by aphids, which can vector the barley yellow dwarf virus, Hessian fly, and wireworm.
- Research trials were conducted in 2017 to evaluate performance of Dividend Extreme/Vibrance FST + Cruiser IST for wheat.
- Standard FST (Dividend Extreme 2.0 fl oz/cwt + Vibrance 0.08 fl oz/cwt)
- Standard FST + IST (Cruiser 5FS 1 fl oz/cwt)
Locations: 11 DuPont Pioneer research locations
Plots: 18 ft long; 7 inch row spacing
Varieties: 2 adapted varieties per location
Replications: 4 replications per treatment per location
Table 1. DuPont Pioneer wheat seed treatment research locations in 2017.
- In 2017, across 11 replicated research locations, wheat grain yield for the standard FST + IST treatment yield was 6.3 bu/acre greater than the untreated check and 3.7 bu/acre greater than the FST-only treatment (P-value <0.003).
Figure 1. Seed treatment effect on soft red winter wheat grain yield across 11 locations in 2017.
Author: Keith O’Bryan
The foregoing is provided for informational use only. Please contact your Pioneer sales professional for information and suggestions specific to your operation. 2017 data are based on average of all comparisons made in 11 locations through August 2017. Multi-year and multi-location is a better predictor of future performance. Do not use these or any other data from a limited number of trials as a significant factor in product selection. Product responses are variable and subject to a variety of environmental, disease, and pest pressures. Individual results may vary.