BOLT™ Technology for Soybeans
An alternative herbicide system for cleaner fields and greater management flexibility
What’s the Primary Benefits?
Pioneer® brand T Series soybeans with the BOLT™ technology trait provide soybean growers with more weed control flexibility to help them manage glyphosate-resistant weeds from the start of the season. BOLT technology also enables growers to adjust their crop acres with changing market and growing conditions.
How Is It Unique?
Pioneer brand T series varieties powered by BOLT technology deliver:
- New, more flexible burndown options not previously not available to soybean growers
- Tolerant to residual cereal SU (sulfonylurea) herbicides in double-crop farming practices
- A proven, effective system to help growers manage glyphosate weed resistance
- BOLT is native (non-transgenic) technology
- Pioneer brand T Series varieties with BOLT technology also contain the Glyphosate Tolerant trait and are tolerant to post-emerge applications of glyphosate herbicices.
- BOLT technology is not the same as the DuPontTM STS® soybean system. BOLT technology provides superior tolerance to certain SU herbicides.
For Spring Burndown Without the Planting Delay
- BOLT technology will now enable growers to plant soybeans immediately following burndown treatments utilizing DuPontTM Leadoff® herbicide and DuPontTM Basis® Blend herbicide for effective, long-lasting control of weed problems. This practice can only be implemented using soybeans with BOLT technology.
- Proven chemistries combined with zero-day plant-back provide cleaner fields well into the season for a stronger start.
- BOLT technology gives growers the ability to control weeds early, react to changing weather conditions and take advantage of last minute market opportunities as they finalize planting decisions.
- DuPont™ LeadOff® and DuPontTM Basis® Blend herbicides are labeled for burndown in soybean varieties with BOLT technology as well as corn hybrids, providing greater cropping flexibility.
For Plant-Back Flexibility in Wheat-Soybean Double-Crop Rotations
For wheat-soybean double-crop practices, soybean varieties with BOLT technology provide one of the shortest plant-back intervals in the industry following application of DuPontTM Finesse® cereal and fallow herbicide in wheat.
For Additional Pre-and Post-Emerge Weed Control Options
Pioneer brand soybeans with BOLT technology enable growers to control problem weeds by using SU herbicides at rates labeled for DuPont™ STS® soybean systems.