Higher Yielding Soybeans
Accelerated Yield Technology 4.0 (AYT 4.0) is the latest advancement in ground-breaking research from the DuPont Pioneer soybean research program. It has transformed the way Pioneer develops new soybean varieties. AYT 4.0 is enabling Pioneer to more rapidly develop the highest yielding varieties for your fields no matter what your yield goal.
AYT 4.0: THE PROCESS
- Thousands of new experimental varieties are generated from elite parental crosses each year.
- New experimentals are planted in hundreds of thousands of plots across a wide range of soybean growing environments.
- Yield and genetic data from each experimental variety is collected, combined with data from related varieties and analyzed across the network of plots.
- Genetic regions for yield are identified in the DNA of each experimental variety.
- Genetic yield regions are used to identify the highest-yielding experimental varieties for advancement in the Pioneer research pipeline.
AYT 4.0: THE FACTS
- Facilitates rapid identification of the highest yielding experimental varieties across numerous growing environments
- More than doubled the annual rate of genetic gain of the Pioneer soybean research pipeline
- Cut one year from the product development process
- Collects an unprecedented amount of data from 1000s of experimental varieties very early in the breeding process:
- Millions of points of genetic data
- More than 100,000 yield plots
- Deployed across the entire Pioneer soybean research program