Today's high-capacity central-fill planters are making planting more efficient thanks to fewer stops on the turn rows to fill up.
Follow these step-by-step instructions when planting plots with a Kinze ASD planter:
1. Shut off the blower fan by putting the hydraulic lever in float or neutral. This is the blower that moves the seed from the tank out to row units.
2. Install orange cap (pictured below) on mini-hopper hose inlet to prevent seed remaining in the delivery hose from mixing with plot seed.
3. Reattach the delivery hose to the cap to secure the hose in place.
4. Open the mini-hopper lids and fill with plot seed.
5. Changing seed: Hoppers may be vacuumed out easily with a shop vacuum or dumped out just like hopper units.
® Kinze is a registered trademark of Kinze Manufacturing, Inc. First image courtesy of Kinze Manufacturing.