ENTRY PERIOD: The Pioneer Hi-Bred “Yield Hero” Competition (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on Monday, August 19, 2019, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on Sunday, November 10, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). The beginning and ending times of the Competition shall be determined by the computers of Sponsor or its delegates. All potential grand prize winners from the Competition will be notified on or about Friday, November 22, 2019, of their prize.
ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of, and the owner-operator of, a canola, corn or soybean farm in the Provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba or Saskatchewan, who has reached the age of majority, and who is not an employee of, or a sales rep for, Pioneer Hi-Bred (“Sponsor”) and who is not domiciled with, or a family member of, an employee or sales representative of Sponsor,. This Competition is void outside of Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia and where prohibited by law. For clarity, this Competition is void in Ontario and Quebec and all other Canadian provinces and Territories not listed and where prohibited.
Corn (Silage) :
Sponsor, Sponsor’s agents or an authorized Pioneer Hi-Bred sales representative will make the final determination as to whether an entrant has complied with the foregoing eligibility requirements.
Only the pre-registered field and trial type will be permitted. No plots, partial plots or other field comparisons outside of the pre-registered field will be permitted. The entrant can use any type of field/crop management on the entry type, except for any type of irrigation. The entrant may choose the location of the strip to harvest, but it cannot be the outside rows or swaths of a field; harvested area must be one swather or combine width into the field. Only one (1) weigh is eligible per seed product in a particular field. The Pioneer brand seed is not provided free of charge by the Sponsor; the qualifying Pioneer brand seed used must be purchased by the farm owner from an authorized Pioneer Hi-Bred sales rep at that farm owner's expense. The entry must be weighed by Sponsor's weigh wagon; yield monitors will not be accepted. Yield and moisture of the grain will be tested in the field during the weigh harvest by Sponsor. Irrigated fields do not qualify for the contest. Adjustments for moisture will be made to harvested grain – canola will be adjusted to ten percent (10.0%) moisture, corn(grain will be adjusted to fifteen percent (15.0%) moisture, corn (silage) will be adjusted to (65%) moisture and soybeans will be adjusted to thirteen percent (13%) moisture.
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Contest, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with, and abide by, these Official Rules; the terms and conditions of the Official Competition Entry Form and the decisions of Sponsor including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners and the awarding of prizes, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
There are two (2) ways to enter the Yield Hero Contest. Entry method #1 is mandatory to be eligible to win a prize. However, entrants may also enter via entry method #2 for additional chances to win:
A participant must enter a field for official yield measurement to be eligible to win any prize, although he or she may also enter a Twitter Photo Submission for additional chances to win. A participant selected to win a grand prize by having the highest yield in a particular crop segment (canola, corn grain, silage or soybean) will not be eligible to win a grand prize through the Twitter Photo Submission.
Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, undelivered, stolen, invalid, misdirected, misplaced, damaged, altered, illegible, corrupted, unreadable or incomplete entries, all of which will be disqualified. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
TWITTER PHOTO SUBMISSIONS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
A total of 33 grand prize winners and 36 weekly secondary prize winners will be awarded. On or about November 22, 2019, the thirty-three (33) grand prize winners will be notified by Pioneer Hi-Bred, first by phone communication, and then followed up with a letter of congratulations including information about the reward prize and trip information. The thirty-six (36) secondary prize winners will be selected by random draw on a weekly basis, with one winner each week, starting on Monday, August 19, 2019, and ending on Sunday, November 10, 2019 (see weekly schedule below).
1. Grand Prize Winners--Yield Data TRIALS Entries: There will be thirty-three (33) grand prize winners awarded in total for the Contest. Eighteen (18) of the thirty-three (33) grand prize winners will be chosen from field yield trials. See section 2 below for information on how the other fifteen (15) grand prize winners will be selected. Yield data from grower entries must be entered into the Pioneer Hi-Bred yield data TRIALS system from the respective Pioneer Hi-Bred sales representative for the particular area under question. Limit: Only one (1) grand prize will be awarded per grower, so growers that have a winning entry in more than one (1) category will only be chosen for one (1) category. Winning yield entries will be chosen based on the highest recorded and entered yields in the Pioneer Hi-Bred yield data TRIAL system for each Territory Manager area in Western Canada. In the event that more than one (1) grower in a Territory Manager area reports the same yield, the tied yield for a particular grower that was submitted in the Pioneer Hi-Bred yield data system first by their respective Pioneer Hi-Bred sales representative shall be declared the winner.
2. Grand Prize Winners—Photo Submission Entries: Will be chosen from among all of the entries submitted through Photo Submissions that are correctly posted and tagged on Twitter. At the end of the Entry Period, which is 11:59 p.m. CST on Sunday, November 10, 2019, one (1) Photo Submission from each of the following three (3) regions depicting the highest canola yield will be selected as eligible to win a grand prize: Alberta/BC (collectively, one region), Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Photo Submission depicting the highest soybean yield from each of the following two regions will be eligible to win a grand prize: Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Photo Submission depicting the highest corn yield photo entry from Manitoba will eligible to win a grand prize. Three (3) Photo Submissions from each of the following three (3) regions (Alberta/BC (collectively, one region), Saskatchewan and Manitoba)
depicting the highest LibertyLink® canola yields will be selected as eligible to win a prize.
On or about November 22, 2019, the grand prize winners will be notified of their prize. In the event that more than one grower submits the same yield, the tied yield for a particular grower that was posted and correctly tagged on Twitter first, shall be declared the winner. All potential grand prize winners who have accepted their prize must sign and return the Pioneer Hi-Bred Yield Hero Grand Prize Acceptance Forms and Liability and Publicity Release forms by Friday, December 6, 2019 (23:59:59, CST). Failure to do so will result in an automatic forfeiture of the Grand Prize.
3. Secondary Prize Winners: In accordance with the schedule below, Sponsor (or Sponsor’s delegate), will randomly select three (3) winners (one (1) for each crop: canola, LibertyLink® canola, corn (grain), corn (silage) and soybean) from all eligible Photo Submission entries received through Twitter that week to be deemed a weekly “secondary prize winner.” A total of thirty-six (36) secondary prize winners will be awarded to Photo Submission entries correctly posted and tagged on Twitter.
- The first weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, August 19, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, August 25, 2019, at (23:59:59, CST);
- The second weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, August 26, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, September 1, 2019, (23:59:59, CST);
- The third weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, September 2, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, September 8, 2019, (23:59:59, CST);
- The fourth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, September 9, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, September 15, 2019 (23:59:59, CST);
- The fifth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, September 16, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, September 22, 2019, (23:59:59, CST);
- The sixth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, September 23, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, September 29, 2019, (23:59:59, CST);
- The seventh weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, September 30, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, October 6, 2019, (23:59:59, CST);
- The eighth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, October 7, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, October 13, 2019, (23:59:59, CST).
- The ninth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, October 14th, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, October 20, 2019, (23:59:59, CST).
- The tenth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, October 21, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, October 27, 2019, (23:59:59, CST).
- The eleventh weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, October 28, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, November 3, 2019, (23:59:59, CST).
- The twelfth and final weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, November 4, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, November 10, 2019, (23:59:59, CST).
PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
ODDS OF WINNING: Being selected to win a grand prize involves a Competition of skill and the ability to win a grand prize will depend on the skill of the farmer to grow a high yield crop of canola, corn (grain or sileage) or soybean on their farm and in competition against the high skill of competitive growing farms also participating in the contest. The chances of being selected as a potential grand prize winner depends upon the skill and management practices of the farmer and variables affecting crop yields, such as weather and disease and pest pressure as well as the actual number of entries received for this Contest. For secondary prizes, the chances of being selected as eligible to win a prize depend on the correct tagging and posting on Twitter, when the Photo Submission is correctly tagged and posted to Twitter and the number of entries received in the applicable weekly period.
PUBLICITY: By completing the entry form, all entrants consent to the collection, use and distribution of their personal information by Sponsor for the purposes of running the Competition and as permitted by these rules (for example, pursuant to these rules, all entrants who accept a prize consent to the use of their personal information for publicity usages) including as permitted by any release signed. Personal information is defined as information about an identifiable individual, such as name, home telephone number, age, home address, email address, gender, Pioneer purchase(s). Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering the Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by Sponsor should be addressed to Sponsor at: email@example.com.
RELEASE: By entering the Contest, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, Competition partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, and agents from and against all claims, damages, or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) entrant’s participation in the Contest, or Contest-related activities or events, (b) entrant’s entry and submissions, (c) entrant’s representations and agreements in these Official Rules, and (d) entrant’s award, receipt, or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant must: (i) be in full compliance with these rules and (ii) sign and return Sponsor's release within fourteen (14) days of it having been sent (in the case of a travelling companion who is under the age of majority in their Province of residence, the release must be signed by their parent or legal guardian). Potential prize winners who do not, or fail to, comply fully with the Competition rules will automatically forfeit their opportunity to win that prize and nothing else will be substituted or given or offered to that potential winner. An alternate winner will be chosen in their place. If an alternate grand prize winner needs to be chosen through the Yield Data TRIALS entry, then the next highest yield submission in that Account Manager’s area will be the new winner, respectively. If the new grand prize winner needs to be chosen through the Photo Submission entry, then the next highest yield and original entry from all original entries within the Competition period will be the new winner. If a new secondary prize winner needs to be chosen through the Photo Submission entry, then the next random entry from all original entries within the Competition period, by crop, will be the new winner.
By entering: (i) contestants agree to the Competition rules (in the event of any conflict with anything contained in these Official Rules and promotion details contained in advertising and other promotion materials, the details of the promotion set forth in these Official Rules shall govern and prevail), (ii) to the Sponsor’s use of their personal information for purposes of administering this Competition and (iii) by accepting a prize a winner also agrees to execute a declaration of eligibility and a publicity and liability release; and (iv) by accepting a prize, winners consent to the use, without compensation, of their photograph, filmed or recorded image, name and city of residence and Pioneer product purchase(s) and yields in all publicity campaigns related to the Competition including on Sponsor's web site (the "publicity usages").
All entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor, including its agents, representatives and those associated with them, are not responsible for any entry, a prize winning notification or the claim for prize, which fails to get entered, is lost, misdirected or which arrives late, as the case may be, whether or not due to the fault of Sponsor or of any other person or thing.
Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the Official Rules, administration of the Contest, announcement of the prizes or winners, or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, other technical difficulties or human error relating to the Competition or entry processing, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of the Competition as contemplated by these Official Rules. If, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, any tampering, technical difficulties, human error, or other factor outside of Sponsor’s reasonable control, including accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind compromises the integrity, administration, or conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Competition without prior notice or obligation.
DISQUALIFICATION: It is the entrant's responsibility to ensure that the entrant has complied in full with all of the conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software generated, third party or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating by any other mechanism including, but not limited to, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
GOVERNING LAW: Competition is subject to Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws applicable to contests operated in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba or Saskatchewan.
INVALIDITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By accepting their Prize, winner agrees to hold harmless and waive all recourse and claims against the Sponsor, and any other person or entity associated with the Sponsor including, without limitation, affiliates, parent(s), subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns of Sponsor (the “Sponsor Releasees”), if any part of the prize or any services that form part of their prize, do not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. Entrants agree that the Sponsor Releasees will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against (a) any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, participation in this Contest, or accidents occurring during travel as part of an incident to the prize, and, (b) that the Sponsor Releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, and THE RELEASEES HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND GUARANTEES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SPONSOR: This Competition is being sponsored by Pioneer Hi-Bred Canada Company at 7398 Queen’s Line, Co. Rd. 2 West, PO Box 730, Chatham, Ontario N7M 5L1. No correspondence will be entered into except with a potential winner. The decision of Sponsor and their representatives in respect of any matter related to this Competition (either before or following selection) is final and without appeal.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER.
© 2019, PHII. All Rights Reserved.