ENTRY PERIOD: The Pioneer Hi-Bred “Yield Hero” Competition (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on Monday, August 19, 2019, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on Sunday, November 10, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). The beginning and ending times of the Competition shall be determined by the computers of Sponsor or its delegates. All potential grand prize winners from the Competition will be notified on or about Friday, November 22, 2019, of their prize.
ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of, and the owner-operator of, a canola, corn or soybean farm in the Provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba or Saskatchewan, who has reached the age of majority, and who is not an employee of, or a sales rep for, Pioneer Hi-Bred (“Sponsor”) and who is not domiciled with, or a family member of, an employee or sales representative of Sponsor,. This Competition is void outside of Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia and where prohibited by law. For clarity, this Competition is void in Ontario and Quebec and all other Canadian provinces and Territories not listed and where prohibited.
Sponsor, Sponsor’s agents or an authorized Pioneer Hi-Bred sales representative will make the final determination as to whether an entrant has complied with the foregoing eligibility requirements.
Only the pre-registered field and trial type will be permitted. No plots, partial plots or other field comparisons outside of the pre-registered field will be permitted. The entrant can use any type of field/crop management on the entry type, except for any type of irrigation. The entrant may choose the location of the strip to harvest, but it cannot be the outside rows or swaths of a field; harvested area must be one swather or combine width into the field. Only one (1) weigh is eligible per seed product in a particular field. The Pioneer brand seed is not provided free of charge by the Sponsor; the qualifying Pioneer brand seed used must be purchased by the farm owner from an authorized Pioneer Hi-Bred sales rep at that farm owner's expense. The entry must be weighed by Sponsor's weigh wagon; yield monitors will not be accepted. Yield and moisture of the grain will be tested in the field during the weigh harvest by Sponsor. Irrigated fields do not qualify for the contest. Adjustments for moisture will be made to harvested grain – canola will be adjusted to ten percent (10.0%) moisture, corn(grain will be adjusted to fifteen percent (15.0%) moisture, corn (silage) will be adjusted to (65%) moisture and soybeans will be adjusted to thirteen percent (13%) moisture.
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Contest, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with, and abide by, these Official Rules; the terms and conditions of the Official Competition Entry Form and the decisions of Sponsor including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners and the awarding of prizes, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
There are two (2) ways to enter the Yield Hero Contest. Entry method #1 is mandatory to be eligible to win a prize. However, entrants may also enter via entry method #2 for additional chances to win:
1. To enter the Contest, Pioneer Hi-Bred customers must contact their local Pioneer Hi-Bred sales representative. Grower winners can only be determined by the full completion and submission of a grower’s plot into the Pioneer Hi-Bred TRIALS system by the grower’s Pioneer Hi-Bred sales representative on or before 11:59 p.m. CST Thursday, October 31, 2019, for canola, and 11:59 p.m. CST Sunday, November 10, 2019, for corn (grain), corn (silage) and soybeans. Grower’s Pioneer Hi-Bred sales representative is also responsible for conducting the official weight in the field using a Pioneer Hi-Bred weigh wagon. Due to the nature of the contest, the grand prizes will not be communicated to the winners until approximately November 22, 2019. A total of eighteen (18) grand prize winners will be selected through entry method #1. This works out to one (1) winner per Pioneer Hi-Bred Territory Manager in Western Canada for canola, corn (grain) and soybean. The highest yield entry per Pioneer Hi-Bred Territory Manager will be deemed the grand prize winner in that area. And, one (1) winner per province (Alberta/BC (collectively, one region), Saskatchewan and Manitoba) for silage corn. The highest yield per province will be deemed the grand prize winner in that area.
2. For additional chances to win other prizes, Pioneer Hi-Bred customers may enter by posting a photo via a public Twitter account. To enter by submitting a photo, create an original photo depicting either a yield monitor or a Pioneer® yield board and then Tweet the photo on Twitter with the hashtags #YieldHero19, #YHContest, #LLHybridHero (if applicable) and mention @PioneerSeedsCA during the Entry Period (the “Photo Submission”). A Photo Submission may only be submitted by a single registered user and may not be edited or resubmitted in any form after it has been submitted. The photo can be submitted by the Pioneer Hi-Bred customer or his/her Pioneer Hi-Bred sales representative. There is no limit to the amount of entries through this method; however, only one (1) photo per seed product in a specific field can be entered. At the end of the entry period, all entries will be collected and reviewed to determine the winners of the Twitter Photo Submissions. A total of fifteen (15) grand prize winners will be selected through entry method #2 from the Twitter Photo Submissions. One (1) Photo Submission from each of the following three (3) regions depicting the highest canola yield will be selected as eligible to win a prize: Alberta/BC (collectively, one region), Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Photo Submission depicting the highest soybean yield from each of the following two (2) regions will be eligible to win a prize: Saskatchewan and Manitoba. And, the Photo Submission depicting the highest corn yield from the Manitoba region.
Three (3) Photo Submissions from each of the following three (3) regions: Alberta/BC (collectively, one region), Saskatchewan and Manitoba depicting the highest LibertyLink® (#LLHybridHero) canola yields will be selected as eligible to win a prize.
In total, thirty-three (33) grand prizes will be awarded in this Competition– eighteen (18) grand prizes from field yield measurements taken by Pioneer sales reps and (15) grand prizes from the Photo Submissions. An Additional thirty-six (36) secondary prizes will be awarded in this Competition from the Photo Submissions. All entries must be received during the Entry Period. For purposes of these Official Rules, receipt of entry occurs when the Photo Submission is uploaded to a public Twitter account (if applicable), or the Pioneer Hi-Bred sales representative submits the applicable entry in the Pioneer Hi-Bred TRIALS system. Submissions received by Sponsor after the end of the Entry Period will not be considered.
A participant must enter a field for official yield measurement to be eligible to win any prize, although he or she may also enter a Twitter Photo Submission for additional chances to win. A participant selected to win a grand prize by having the highest yield in a particular crop segment (canola, corn grain, silage or soybean) will not be eligible to win a grand prize through the Twitter Photo Submission.
Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, undelivered, stolen, invalid, misdirected, misplaced, damaged, altered, illegible, corrupted, unreadable or incomplete entries, all of which will be disqualified. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
TWITTER PHOTO SUBMISSIONS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. REQUIREMENTS: All submissions and all components of such submissions must be the entrant’s own original creation (an original is the product of one’s own mind and is not a copy or imitation), created solely by entrant. Submissions must be original and may not have been published previously, in whole or in part, or have been submitted to any other Competition or won any other award, and must not include photos, illustrations, film or other images that are not originally taken or created by entrant and must not infringe upon any rights of any third party including without limitation, copyright, trademark and rights of publicity or privacy. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as an entrant’s original creation. Entrants must own all intellectual property rights relating to their submissions including without limitation, all trademark and copyright rights. The entry must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or any of its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill associated with the Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The entry must be suitable for family audiences, including without limitation for display and publication on packaging and national television and social media, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any submission that it deems sexually explicit, violent, pornographic, obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise inappropriate or inconsistent with the positive images and goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to associate. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected and the entrant disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS/INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that (i) the submission is the original work of the entrant and has not been published previously, in whole or in part, or been submitted to any other Competition or won an award or prize of any kind; (ii) the entrant has obtained all the rights, licenses, and permissions in writing from each person (including parent/legal guardian) whose likeness appears on the submission and will provide copies to Sponsor upon request; (iii) all individuals appearing the entry (or, in the case of a minor, the parent or legal guardian of such an individual) have consented to be included in the photo and granted to entrant an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license in perpetuity to publish or otherwise use their likeness in the entry in any manner and media whether now known or hereafter devised including, without limitation, on the Competition Websites and in Sponsor’s promotional material; (iv) the submission does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights, or any other intellectual property rights; and (v) the entry complies with all other aspects of these Official Rules. Entries that are deemed by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Official Rules, or to be otherwise infringing, defamatory, or generally not in keeping with the image of Sponsor, will be rejected, void, deleted and/or disqualified. Each entry and related submissions, including without limitation, all contents, concepts and ideas embodied therein, become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and will not be returned by Sponsor. Each entrant hereby assigns to Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all right, title and interest in and to the entry and submissions, including, without limitation, all intellectual property and other proprietary rights without expectation of compensation or acknowledgement. Each entrant agrees that Sponsor and its successors and assigns have the perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide and fully transferable right (but not obligation) to use, modify, display, reproduce, make derivative works of, and otherwise exploit entrant’s entry and submissions (or any part thereof) for any lawful purpose (including, without limitation, promotional and advertising purposes) in any manner or media whether now or hereafter existing and/or to otherwise use or commercially exploit any entry or submission (or any part thereof) or information or ideas contained within any entry or submission, all without payment, consideration or consent. Sponsor has no obligation to maintain any of the entries or submissions, or any information or ideas contained therein, as confidential or proprietary. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, modify, or abridge any such entry or submissions for any reason prior to use. Entrant hereby irrevocably waives all “moral rights” with respect to the submission and all uses of the submission to the fullest extent permitted by law and agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relates in any way to Sponsor’s use of the entry.
3. By entering the Contest, I hereby grant to Sponsor, its affiliates, and their authorized marketing agencies, and any successors and assigns of the foregoing, the right to unilaterally and without limit use, broadcast, and publish in any form and in all media, whether now known or hereafter developed, my name, address, likeness, voice, hometown, and any statements, information, videos and photographs or photographic likenesses of me, for any lawful purposes, including without limitation for advertising, editorial, educational, informational, or sales purposes, without payment, and without review or approval by me.
4. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. As a condition of winning a prize through entry method #2, the selected entrant must correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question, which will be administered by a Pioneer Hi-Bred employee by phone at a mutually convenient time. All entrants must complete, sign and return a declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release, where permitted by law, and any other applicable forms required by Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of receipt of written prize notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and subject to disqualification in the same manner. Potential grand prize winners must sign and return the required acceptance documents back to Pioneer Hi-Bred by Friday, December 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST. If the potential winner does not return these forms before the deadline, the potential winner automatically forfeits the prize and a new potential winner may be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to disqualification in the same manner.
5. All prizes must be accepted “as is” and as awarded, is not transferable or refundable, no cash value will be given for any prize and no substitution will be made for a prize except as permitted by these rules (and without limiting the foregoing prizes may not be sold or traded). The approximate retail values of a prize as stated in advertising or other promotion materials, and/or in these Official Rules, are subject to price fluctuation in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date, the respective approximate retail value is stated by the Sponsor and the date the respective prize is awarded or redeemed. If, at the time a prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by the Sponsor in advertising entitled to the price difference. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and for any reason, reserves the right to: (i) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of a prize or (ii) substitute a prize or aspect of a prize of equal or greater value for a prize or aspect stated in the rules advertising and promotion materials as being offered to be awarded.
SELECTION OF WINNERS: A total of 33 grand prize winners and 36 weekly secondary prize winners will be awarded. On or about November 22, 2019, the thirty-three (33) grand prize winners will be notified by Pioneer Hi-Bred, first by phone communication, and then followed up with a letter of congratulations including information about the reward prize and trip information. The thirty-six (36) secondary prize winners will be selected by random draw on a weekly basis, with one winner each week, starting on Monday, August 19, 2019, and ending on Sunday, November 10, 2019 (see weekly schedule below).
1. Grand Prize Winners--Yield Data TRIALS Entries: There will be thirty-three (33) grand prize winners awarded in total for the Contest. Eighteen (18) of the thirty-three (33) grand prize winners will be chosen from field yield trials. See section 2 below for information on how the other fifteen (15) grand prize winners will be selected. Yield data from grower entries must be entered into the Pioneer Hi-Bred yield data TRIALS system from the respective Pioneer Hi-Bred sales representative for the particular area under question. Limit: Only one (1) grand prize will be awarded per grower, so growers that have a winning entry in more than one (1) category will only be chosen for one (1) category. Winning yield entries will be chosen based on the highest recorded and entered yields in the Pioneer Hi-Bred yield data TRIAL system for each Territory Manager area in Western Canada. In the event that more than one (1) grower in a Territory Manager area reports the same yield, the tied yield for a particular grower that was submitted in the Pioneer Hi-Bred yield data system first by their respective Pioneer Hi-Bred sales representative shall be declared the winner.
2. Grand Prize Winners—Photo Submission Entries: Will be chosen from among all of the entries submitted through Photo Submissions that are correctly posted and tagged on Twitter. At the end of the Entry Period, which is 11:59 p.m. CST on Sunday, November 10, 2019, one (1) Photo Submission from each of the following three (3) regions depicting the highest canola yield will be selected as eligible to win a grand prize: Alberta/BC (collectively, one region), Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Photo Submission depicting the highest soybean yield from each of the following two regions will be eligible to win a grand prize: Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Photo Submission depicting the highest corn yield photo entry from Manitoba will eligible to win a grand prize. Three (3) Photo Submissions from each of the following three (3) regions (Alberta/BC (collectively, one region), Saskatchewan and Manitoba) depicting the highest LibertyLink® canola yields will be selected as eligible to win a prize.
On or about November 22, 2019, the grand prize winners will be notified of their prize. In the event that more than one grower submits the same yield, the tied yield for a particular grower that was posted and correctly tagged on Twitter first, shall be declared the winner. All potential grand prize winners who have accepted their prize must sign and return the Pioneer Hi-Bred Yield Hero Grand Prize Acceptance Forms and Liability and Publicity Release forms by Friday, December 6, 2019 (23:59:59, CST). Failure to do so will result in an automatic forfeiture of the Grand Prize.
3. Secondary Prize Winners: In accordance with the schedule below, Sponsor (or Sponsor’s delegate), will randomly select three (3) winners (one (1) for each crop: canola, LibertyLink® canola, corn (grain), corn (silage) and soybean) from all eligible Photo Submission entries received through Twitter that week to be deemed a weekly “secondary prize winner.” A total of thirty-six (36) secondary prize winners will be awarded to Photo Submission entries correctly posted and tagged on Twitter.
- The first weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, August 19, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, August 25, 2019, at (23:59:59, CST);
- The second weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, August 26, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, September 1, 2019, (23:59:59, CST);
- The third weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, September 2, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, September 8, 2019, (23:59:59, CST);
- The fourth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, September 9, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, September 15, 2019 (23:59:59, CST);
- The fifth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, September 16, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, September 22, 2019, (23:59:59, CST);
- The sixth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, September 23, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, September 29, 2019, (23:59:59, CST);
- The seventh weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, September 30, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, October 6, 2019, (23:59:59, CST);
- The eighth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, October 7, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, October 13, 2019, (23:59:59, CST).
- The ninth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, October 14th, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, October 20, 2019, (23:59:59, CST).
- The tenth weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, October 21, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, October 27, 2019, (23:59:59, CST).
- The eleventh weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, October 28, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, November 3, 2019, (23:59:59, CST).
- The twelfth and final weekly prize (3) period begins on Monday, November 4, 2019, (00:00:01, CST) and ends Sunday, November 10, 2019, (23:59:59, CST).
PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
1. Grand Prize Winners: Each grand prize winner will win a trip for two (2) to the Commodity Classic in San Antonio, TX. Trip will depart on Wednesday, February 26, 2019, and return on Sunday, March 1, 2019. The prize consists of a four-night (4) stay in a hotel in San Antonio, chosen by Sponsor or Sponsor’s designated travel agency, as well as return air transportation from and to an international airport in Canada serviced by major commercial carriers. Hotel details will be determined and communicated closer to the date of Commodity Classic. All other travel-related costs will be the responsibility of the grand prize winner(s). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $4,256.50 (CAD) per grand prize winner, total value of all grand prizes is $140,464.50 (CAD). Actual prize value may vary depending on hotel and transportation costs at the time of travel. Grand prize winners must coordinate their travel itinerary through the travel agency designated by Sponsor. Winners and their travel companions are responsible for ensuring they have the appropriate travel documentation, emergency travel medical insurance and necessary permission to enter the United States. Travel companion must be at least the age of majority in his or her province of residence. No prize substitution, transfer, assignment or cash redemption by winners is allowed.
2. Secondary Prize Winners: Each of the 36 secondary prize winners through Photo Submissions on Twitter will receive a Pioneer Hi-Bred branded winter surprise pack (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $30.00 (CAD)). The total value of all secondary prizes is $1,080.00(CAD). Limit: one (1) secondary prize(s) per grower.
ODDS OF WINNING: Being selected to win a grand prize involves a Competition of skill and the ability to win a grand prize will depend on the skill of the farmer to grow a high yield crop of canola, corn (grain or sileage) or soybean on their farm and in competition against the high skill of competitive growing farms also participating in the contest. The chances of being selected as a potential grand prize winner depends upon the skill and management practices of the farmer and variables affecting crop yields, such as weather and disease and pest pressure as well as the actual number of entries received for this Contest. For secondary prizes, the chances of being selected as eligible to win a prize depend on the correct tagging and posting on Twitter, when the Photo Submission is correctly tagged and posted to Twitter and the number of entries received in the applicable weekly period.
PUBLICITY: By completing the entry form, all entrants consent to the collection, use and distribution of their personal information by Sponsor for the purposes of running the Competition and as permitted by these rules (for example, pursuant to these rules, all entrants who accept a prize consent to the use of their personal information for publicity usages) including as permitted by any release signed. Personal information is defined as information about an identifiable individual, such as name, home telephone number, age, home address, email address, gender, Pioneer purchase(s). Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering the Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by Sponsor should be addressed to Sponsor at: email@example.com.
RELEASE: By entering the Contest, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, Competition partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, and agents from and against all claims, damages, or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) entrant’s participation in the Contest, or Contest-related activities or events, (b) entrant’s entry and submissions, (c) entrant’s representations and agreements in these Official Rules, and (d) entrant’s award, receipt, or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant must: (i) be in full compliance with these rules and (ii) sign and return Sponsor's release within fourteen (14) days of it having been sent (in the case of a travelling companion who is under the age of majority in their Province of residence, the release must be signed by their parent or legal guardian). Potential prize winners who do not, or fail to, comply fully with the Competition rules will automatically forfeit their opportunity to win that prize and nothing else will be substituted or given or offered to that potential winner. An alternate winner will be chosen in their place. If an alternate grand prize winner needs to be chosen through the Yield Data TRIALS entry, then the next highest yield submission in that Account Manager’s area will be the new winner, respectively. If the new grand prize winner needs to be chosen through the Photo Submission entry, then the next highest yield and original entry from all original entries within the Competition period will be the new winner. If a new secondary prize winner needs to be chosen through the Photo Submission entry, then the next random entry from all original entries within the Competition period, by crop, will be the new winner.
By entering: (i) contestants agree to the Competition rules (in the event of any conflict with anything contained in these Official Rules and promotion details contained in advertising and other promotion materials, the details of the promotion set forth in these Official Rules shall govern and prevail), (ii) to the Sponsor’s use of their personal information for purposes of administering this Competition and (iii) by accepting a prize a winner also agrees to execute a declaration of eligibility and a publicity and liability release; and (iv) by accepting a prize, winners consent to the use, without compensation, of their photograph, filmed or recorded image, name and city of residence and Pioneer product purchase(s) and yields in all publicity campaigns related to the Competition including on Sponsor's web site (the "publicity usages").
All entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor, including its agents, representatives and those associated with them, are not responsible for any entry, a prize winning notification or the claim for prize, which fails to get entered, is lost, misdirected or which arrives late, as the case may be, whether or not due to the fault of Sponsor or of any other person or thing.
Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the Official Rules, administration of the Contest, announcement of the prizes or winners, or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, other technical difficulties or human error relating to the Competition or entry processing, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of the Competition as contemplated by these Official Rules. If, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, any tampering, technical difficulties, human error, or other factor outside of Sponsor’s reasonable control, including accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind compromises the integrity, administration, or conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Competition without prior notice or obligation.
DISQUALIFICATION: It is the entrant's responsibility to ensure that the entrant has complied in full with all of the conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software generated, third party or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating by any other mechanism including, but not limited to, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
GOVERNING LAW: Competition is subject to Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws applicable to contests operated in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba or Saskatchewan.
INVALIDITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By accepting their Prize, winner agrees to hold harmless and waive all recourse and claims against the Sponsor, and any other person or entity associated with the Sponsor including, without limitation, affiliates, parent(s), subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns of Sponsor (the “Sponsor Releasees”), if any part of the prize or any services that form part of their prize, do not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. Entrants agree that the Sponsor Releasees will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against (a) any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, participation in this Contest, or accidents occurring during travel as part of an incident to the prize, and, (b) that the Sponsor Releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, and THE RELEASEES HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND GUARANTEES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SPONSOR: This Competition is being sponsored by Pioneer Hi-Bred Canada Company at 7398 Queen’s Line, Co. Rd. 2 West, PO Box 730, Chatham, Ontario N7M 5L1. No correspondence will be entered into except with a potential winner. The decision of Sponsor and their representatives in respect of any matter related to this Competition (either before or following selection) is final and without appeal.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER.
© 2019, PHII. All Rights Reserved.