Optimum® Leptra™^ Hybrids
- Optimum® Leptra™ hybrids are a powerful new pyramid of traits for superior control of above-ground pests.
- Combining the proven traits:
– Herculex® I, YieldGard® Corn Borer, and Agrisure Viptera® traits with locally developed and tested Pioneer® brand corn hybrids.
- Provides growers more flexibility and increased confidence in their planting decisions, even during late planting or in high pest pressure environments.
- By significantly reducing ear feeding by lepidopteran pests, Optimum Leptra hybrids deliver cleaner ears with less kernel damage and eliminate one of the major risk factors for the development of molds and mycotoxins in harvested grain.
- Limited availability for planting in the southern U.S. in spring 2014.
|Optimum Leptra Corn Hybrids (PDF 3 MB)|
|2014 Optimum Leptra Product Stewardship Guide (PDF 2 MB)|
- Optimum Leptra hybrids protect against key above-ground pests, including corn borer, corn earworm, and fall armyworm.
- Enhanced product durability to help preserve the current generation of proven insect protection technologies.
- Provides a superior level of efficacy against ear-feeding pests.
- Allows for the lowest required refuge in the U.S. cotton production zone and enhance the durability of these insect protection technologies due to multiple modes of action.
- Optimum Leptra hybrids minimize ear feeding, resulting in cleaner ears with less kernel damage.
- Helps eliminate a major risk factor in developing mold and mycotoxins in harvest grain.
|Pictured Left: non-Bt hybrid; Pictured Right: Optimum Leptra. DuPont Pioneer research plot, Fairmont, NC.|
|Pictured Left: non-Bt hybrid; Pictured Right: Optimum Leptra. DuPont Pioneer research plot, Lubbock, Texas.|
|Pioneer and independent university research trials have repeatedly shown significant reductions in insect feeding damage with Optimum Leptra hybrids.|
Optimum® Leptra™ hybrids are a powerful new pyramid of traits for superior control of above-ground pests. Combining the proven traits Herculex® I, YieldGard® Corn Borer, and Agrisure Viptera® traits with locally developed and tested Pioneer® brand corn hybrids.