Optimum® Leptra® Hybrids
- Optimum® Leptra® hybrids are a powerful new pyramid of traits for superior control of above-ground pests.
- Combining the proven traits:
– Herculex® I, YieldGard® Corn Borer, and Agrisure Viptera® traits with locally developed and tested Pioneer® brand corn hybrids.
- Provides growers more flexibility and increased confidence in their planting decisions, even during late planting or in high pest pressure environments.
- By significantly reducing ear feeding by lepidopteran pests, Optimum Leptra hybrids deliver cleaner ears with less kernel damage and eliminate one of the major risk factors for the development of molds and mycotoxins in harvested grain.
(PDF 3 MB)Optimum Leptra Corn Hybrids (PDF 3 MB)
- Optimum® Leptra® hybrids protect against key above-ground pests, including corn borer, corn earworm, and fall armyworm.
- Enhanced product durability to help preserve the current generation of proven insect protection technologies.
- Provides a superior level of efficacy against ear-feeding pests.
- Allows for the lowest required refuge in the U.S. cotton production zone and enhance the durability of these insect protection technologies due to multiple modes of action.
- Optimum® Leptra® hybrids minimize ear feeding, resulting in cleaner ears with less kernel damage.
- Helps eliminate a major risk factor in developing mold and mycotoxins in harvest grain.
Research trials show protection against foliar feeding, stalk boring and ear feeding by major corn pests of the southern U.S., Corn Belt and Latin America.
Pioneer and independent university research trials have repeatedly shown significant reductions in insect feeding damage with Optimum Leptra hybrids.
Optimum® Leptra® hybrids are a powerful new pyramid of traits for superior control of above-ground pests. Combining the proven traits Herculex® I, YieldGard® Corn Borer, and Agrisure Viptera® traits with locally developed and tested Pioneer® brand corn hybrids.