LumiGEN™ System Seed Applied Technology - Soybeans
Loading your Pioneer® brand soybeans with the protection of the LumiGEN™ system soybean offering will help ensure your seed investment is well covered when it needs it most. To see the full LumiGEN™ system soybean portfolio click here. (PDF 831 KB)
The LumiGEN™ system soybean offering includes DuPont™ Lumisena™ fungicide seed treatment for best-in-class protection against Phytophthora. Click here to learn more.
Field-Tested Proven Yield Benefit
Elite Pioneer genetics combined with LumiGEN™ system seed applied technologies help soybeans get off to a strong, healthy start, especially in less-than-ideal growing environments.
Better Emergence and Stands
- Seed & seedling protection when you need it most.
- Strong, healthy plants help ward off early season insect & disease issues.
- Helps growers planting earlier into cool, wet soils or high residues.
Unique Combination of Best-In-Class Seed-Applied Technologies
- Pioneer tests and integrates seed-applied technologies from Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont, and across the industry to provide a superior seed treatment offering.
- The LumiGEN™ system soybean offering is a proprietary combination of biostimulant, fungicide and insecticide treatments that promote soybean growth and vigor.
Industry-Leading Seed Treatment Research
Pioneer tests nearly 200,000 seed treatment trial rows - from small research to large-scale trials - each year to identify the best combination of seed-applied technologies for our customers.
- Seed treatments are tested in the areas where we sell seed to confirm the LumiGEN™ system soybean offering is providing customers the protection they need.
- Corteva Seed Applied Technology Center runs treatment formulations through hundreds of tests across temperature and humidity extremes to help optimize ingredient compatibility, biological health, seed flow, plantability and reduce dust-off.
- Fungicide seed treatment for control of sudden death syndrome (SDS) and soil-borne nematodes such as soybean cyst and root knot nematodes.
- Research trials from 2012-2015 have shown a 2.0 bu/a advantage across all environments and SDS levels of infection. Forty-six heavy SDS infection locations between 2012-2015 showed a 6.4 bu/a advantage.1
Enhanced Plant Health and Vigor
- Helps guard against seed & seedling diseases2 including:
- Helps guard against early-season insect pressure3:
Bean Leaf Beetle
|See your Pioneer sales professional for help in selecting the right varieties and treatment package to make the most from your soybean acres.|
1Pioneer Agronomy Science trials. 2012-2015 data are based on average of all comparisons made in 165 locations through Nov. 1, 2015. Do not use these or any other data from a limited number of trials as a significant factor in product selection.
2Seed & seedling disease protection provided by fungicide components of the LumiGEN™ system: Allegiance® and EverGol® Energy fungicides.
3Early-season insect protection provided by insecticide component of the LumiGEN™ system: Gaucho® insecticide.