Pioneer® brand soybeans with Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® Technology
Now you can get high-performance Pioneer® brand soybeans with the built-in resistant weed defense of Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® technology. The new varieties contain two herbicide-tolerant traits – one for glyphosate and one for dicamba herbicides. The addition of dicamba tolerance will provide farmers one of the best tools to manage glyphosate resistant and other tough-to-control broadleaf weeds such as waterhemp, marestail, Palmer amaranth, giant ragweed, kochia and others.
Benefits of Pioneer Brand Soybeans with Roundup Ready 2 Xtend Technology
- High-yielding genetics with strong agronomic and defensive traits.
- Locally proven in Pioneer IMPACT™ tests.
- Next-generation trait and chemistry (pending EPA and state approvals) to manage your toughest weeds, including glyphosate-resistant weeds.
- Weed management system that will incorporate low-volatility dicamba, such as DuPont™ FeXapan™ herbicide (pending EPA and state approvals) for cleaner fields at harvest.
- Reduced plant-back time following dicamba burndown, pending regulatory approval.
A Better Tool to Fight Weed Resistance
Pending EPA and state approvals
- Control of Palmer amaranth, waterhemp, marestail and other glyphosate-resistant weeds.
- Studies demonstrate a low-volatility dicamba herbicide can help prevent development of new weed resistance in soybean fields when used with other herbicide modes of action.
Simple and Effective Weed Control
Benefits of a glyphosate + dicamba weed control program, pending regulatory approval:
- Very broad spectrum control of grass and broadleaf weeds
- Less spray volume and wider window of application than competing programs
- Systemic activity within the plant
- Excellent crop safety
Maintaining the Technology
While weed control needs will vary, any effective weed management system should contain multiple modes of action to maintain herbicide efficacy.
- Start with a clean seedbed with burndown or early pre-plant herbicides for winter annual or early-emerging weeds.
- Apply a pre-emerge herbicide such as DuPont™ Trivence®, Envive® or Enlite® herbicide that provides burndown and residual control.
- Use post-applied sequential applications of labeled dicamba and glyphosate herbicides.
Talk to your local DuPont Crop Protection or Pioneer representative about a herbicide program that is locally tested and right for your needs.
Tested and Proven in Fields Near You
Pioneer brand soybeans with Roundup Ready 2 Xtend technology have been tested and proven in on-farm Pioneer IMPACT™ tests in the area where they will be sold.
See your Pioneer sales professional for Pioneer® brand soybeans with Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® technology.
DuPont™ FeXapan™ herbicide is not registered for sale or use with RR2X technology in the United States. Always read and follow all label directions and precautions for use when using any pesticide alone or in tank-mix combinations.
¹ 2015 DuPont Crop Protection glyphosate-resistant waterhemp trial planted near Marion, IA, May 19, 2015, with Pioneer® brand P31T38X. Preemergence herbicide applications applied May 21, 2015. Postemergence herbicide applications applied June 17, 2015, when soybeans were at V2.