Seed Bridging in Seed Tank
- No seed in mini hopper
- Lots of air in mini hopper
- Make sure tank pressure is set to the recommended setting
- Make sure tank agitator is turning when fan is running
- Make sure agitator pins are centered over seed nozzle openings
- Start adjusting tank pressure by 1 pound until seed begins to flow
Seed Plugging in Seed Hose
- Seed is stuck in seed delivery hose between tank and mini hopper
- Seed stuck in elbow of mini hopper
- Make sure tank pressure is set correctly for crop being planted
- Unplug agitator motor to allow less seed to be picked up
- For small seed use tank nozzle inserts
Seed Lubricants Reduce Problems
Proper use of talc and graphite may eliminate a lot of potential problems. Use rate may need to increase for large treated seed and when temperature and humidity are high.
Talc and Graphite
- Talc removes static
- Graphite lubricates
Increase use rates for heavily treated seed or when temperature and humidity are high.
Find use rates at Seed Corn Plantability Guide.